Atlas Hotel is located in the city center of Valkenburg. This location makes Atlas Hotel the perfect starting point for (cultural) trips. The characteristic downtown area of Valkenburg is filled with lovely shops and nice restaurants, but Valkenburg also has many other beautiful sights. Below you can find some attractions that are definitely worth visiting during your stay in this special, Limburgian town.
Things to do and see in Valkenburg
- The Wilhelminatoren (Wilhelmina Tower) is ideal to start with while you are visiting Valkenburg. Climb the tower and look out over the beautiful green hills. The Wilhelmina Tower offers fabulous views. You can leave the tower in a spectacular way: by zip line. The tower is built on top of the Heunsberg, a mountain you can climb on foot, by car or by cableway. Afterwards you can enjoy a well-deserved snack and drink in the café/restaurant.
- Why not visit Valkenburg Castle while you're at the Heunsberg? The castle was built in the eleventh century and the ruins are all that is left of it after the Eighty Years' War. Nevertheless, it is worth your while to visit Valkenburg Castle.
- Another mountain that you can climb in Valkenburg, is the Cauberg. This mountain is one of the most famous mountains in the Netherlands. On top of the mountain you will find the spa Thermae 2000 and Holland Casino Valkenburg.
- The Fluweelengrot (Velvet Cave) is another typical attraction you should not forget to put on your list of things to do in Valkenburg. The cave consists of more than five kilometres of corridors and tunnels. The walls are painted, which makes the cave look like a big underground museum!
- Theme park De Valkenier (The Falconer) is great fun for families with children. Bumper cars, a large indoor playground and various roller coasters: there's entertainment everywhere!
- The Sprookjesbos (Fairytale Forest) in Valkenburg promises a fun day out for families with young kids.
- Parents, couples without kids and groups of friends can have fun in Grotestraat Center, where there are numerous bars and restaurants.
- Finally, the Christmas market in Valkenburg is one of the most popular attractions in Valkenburg. You can enjoy the Christmas atmosphere from mid-November to early January.